Wednesday 15 July 2009

Vegetable Update!

Well, it has been some time, so I though that a quick catch up was in order.

I am very proud of all my veg, and proud of all the time that I have put in. I am so glad that I started my allotment and I have never eaten better so cheaply!!! I am addicted to veg now!!!

I do not use any potions/sprays etc so this lot is as organic as you can get!

I have just finished my first wave of growth and so far I have grown and eaten...
Broad beans- 3lb frozen ready for winter soups/risottos
Some lame leeks - planted too deep so bit short
Peas that were so sweet and addictive, 1lb frozen
Spinach by the bagfull
White onions - in tights all over the flat
Red onions - also in tights all over the flat
Garlic - bit sweet so maybe another week or two yet
New potatoes - to simply die for
Cauliflower - 5 out of 5 so I was rather chuffed

Currently I still have in the ground..
French beans - ready in next 10 days or so
Cougettes - picked one last night
Marrow - could be a prize winner
Raspberries - not supposed to be ready but a few are!
New potatoes - hope to be digging up for some time yet!
Maris piper Potatoes - not yet dug them up
Spinach - it really is never ending!
White onions - about another 15
Red onions - about another 10
Garlic - hopefully 20 odd but I think it was planted too deep
Cabbages - stupid big and like trees
Sprouts - to send to mother!
Sweetcorn - like trees and I am so excited!
Leeks - planted higher so should be better!

Due to all the above, I have now uncovered the final 1/4 of my half plot as I have decided to get digging again and prepare for a swathe of autumn growth!!!!

I am away this weekend again, but hope to start doing weekend updates every week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's amazing and all your own work. Hope you had a good weekend away, I thought of you and hoped that you were feeling better. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete