Sunday 8 January 2012

Patchwork Project 2 - The Big One

Well, I was encouraged by my smaller prototype patchwork so decided to do a second project.

I decided to go big.  Really big.  I have not worked out the logistics yet, but I know that I will come up with a cunning plan!

So, the project is to cover a leather 2 seater, as modelled here by Scooter, see his smiling face.


I gathered 320 5inch pre-cut squares from a lovely little shop on eBay.



Which I then sorted into background colour.



Then I made a colour plan.  I put the squares together to make sure the colours ran right.

It was too big for any room in my flat, so I laid out the squares with a lot of overlapping.




Then I labelled then and pinned them in rows.

It will measure 16 squares by 20 squares.



What have I started?  I think it will be made in two!

No comments:

Post a Comment